IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing
Expand your horizons with Colloquium, a monthly survey of abstracts from all CS transactions!
From the July-September 2018 issue
Secure Tensor Decomposition Using Fully Homomorphic Encryption Scheme
By Liwei Kuang, Laurence T. Yang, Jun Feng, and Mianxiong Dong
As the rapidly growing volume of data are beyond the capabilities of many computing infrastructures, to securely process them on cloud has become a preferred solution which can both utilize the powerful capabilities provided by cloud and protect data privacy. This paper puts forward a new approach to securely decompose tensor, the mathematical model widely used in data-intensive applications, to a core tensor and some truncated orthogonal bases. The structured, semi-structured as well as unstructured data are all transformed to low-order sub-tensors which are then encrypted using the fully homomorphic encryption scheme. A unified high-order cipher tensor model is constructed by collecting all the cipher sub-tensors and embedding them to a base tensor space. The cipher tensor is decomposed through a proposed secure algorithm, in which the square root operations are eliminated during the Lanczos procedure. The paper makes an analysis of the secure algorithm in terms of time consumption, memory usage and decomposition accuracy. Experimental results reveals that this approach can securely decompose tensor models. With the advancement of fully homomorphic encryption scheme, the proposed secure tensor decomposition method is expected to be widely applied on cloud for privacy-preserving data processing.
Editorials and Announcements
- We are pleased to announce that TCC is now indexed in Clarivate Analytics' Web of Science under the Science Citation Index (SCI) and will receive an impact factor in the 2017 Journal Citation Report.
- Heartfelt congratulations are offered to TCC's Editor-in-Chief Hui Lei, who received a 2017 IEEE Computer Society Technical Achievement Award "for pioneering contributions to scalable access to real-world data." Read more.
- Congratulations to Hui Lei on his reappointment as 2018-2019 Editor-in-Chief of IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing. Dr. Lei is CTO, Watson Health Cloud at IBM, where he provides leadership on the Watson Health Cloud technical strategy and spearheads the development of the Watson Health Cloud platform.
- Introduction to the IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing by Rajkumar Buyya (PDF)
- Welcome Message by Jon Rokne (PDF)
- TCC: State of the Transactions (Jan-March 2018)
- TCC: State of the Transactions (Jan-March 2017)
- A Message from the New Editor-in-Chief (Jan-March 2016)
- IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing: Entering Its Fourth Year with Confidence (Jan-March 2016)
- A Status Report on IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing (April-June 2015)
- Guest Editor's Introduction to the Special Issue on Security and Privacy on Clouds (April-June 2018)
- Special Issue on Green and Energy-Efficient Cloud Computing: Part II (April-June 2017)
- Special Issue on Green and Energy-Efficient Cloud Computing: Part I (April-June 2016)
- Special Issue on Scientific Cloud Computing (Jan-March 2016)
- Special Issue on Economics and Market Mechanisms for Cloud Computing (July-Sept 2015)
- Cloud Security (Oct-Dec 2014)
Call for Papers
General Call for Papers
General call for papers. View PDF.
Access recently published TCC articles
Subscribe to the RSS feed of recently published TCC content
Sign up for e-mail notifications through IEEE Xplore Content Alerts
View TCC preprints in the Computer Society Digital Library
TCC is financially cosponsored by:
TCC is technically cosponsored by: