What's New in Transactions
2019 Editor-in-Chief Searches
The following periodicals seek applications for Editor-in-Chief terms starting 1 January 2019. Prospective candidates are asked to submit a PDF file containing a complete curriculum vitae, a brief plan for the publication’s future, and a letter of support from their institution or employer to the point(s) of contact listed below. Please click on each title for additional details.
- IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing (two years, renewable for two years) - Jennifer Carruth, email@example.com (Extended deadline: 30 April 2018)
- IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems (two years, renewable for two years) - Kim Sperka, firstname.lastname@example.org (Extended deadline: 30 April 2018).
- IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies (three years, renewable, or five years, nonrenewable) - Martin Llamas-Nistal, email@example.com, and Edmundo Tovar, firstname.lastname@example.org (Deadline: 30 June 2018).
New in 2018: IEEE Letters of the Computer Society
The IEEE Computer Society is pleased to announce that a new publication, IEEE Letters of the Computer Society (LOCS), will debut in 2018. LOCS is a rigorously peer-reviewed forum for rapid publication of brief articles describing high-impact results in all areas of interest to the IEEE Computer Society. Learn more.
Welcome to Our 2018 Editors-in-Chief
Please join us in offering a round of congratulations our new 2018 Editors-in-Chief!
- Darrell Long, University of California, Santa Cruz - IEEE Letters of the Computer Society
- Nenad Medvidović, University of Southern California - IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering
- Cecilia Metra, University of Bologna - IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing
- Manish Parashar, Rutgers University - IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems
- Jaideep Vaidya, Rutgers University - IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing
TCC Indexed in SCIE
We are pleased to announce that IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing (TCC) is now indexed in the Clarivate Analytics Web of Science under the Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE) and will receive an impact factor in the 2017 Journal Citation Report.
TBD and TNSE Indexed in ESCI
We are pleased to announce that IEEE Transactions on Big Data (TBD) and IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering (TNSE) are now indexed in the Clarivate Analytics Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI), a new edition of the Web of Science.
How Do CS Journals Measure Up?
View the results of the Clarivate Analytics Journal Citation Reports (JCR) 2016 Edition below (Impact Factor/Eigenfactor/Article Influence Score):
- IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics: 1.955/0.00630/0.622
- IEEE Computer Architecture Letters: 1.397/0.00117/0.725
- IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing: 3.149/0.00323/1.383
- IEEE Transactions on Computers: 2.916/0.01400/0.967
- IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing: 2.926/0.00333/0.882
- IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing: 3.826/0.00181/1.073
- IEEE Transactions on Haptics: 2.000/0.00142/0.480
- IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering: 3.438/0.01586/1.133
- IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies: 2.267/0.00110/0.508
- IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing: 3.822/0.01693/1.357
- IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems: 4.181/0.02105/1.207
- IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence: 8.329/0.06500/4.549
- IEEE Transactions on Services Computing: 3.520/0.00306/0.913
- IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering: 3.272/0.00536/1.067
- IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics: 2.840/0.01813/1.157
TCC EIC Wins Technical Achievement Award
Heartfelt congratulations are offered to Hui Lei, Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing (TCC), who has been honored with a 2017 IEEE Computer Society Technical Achievement Award "for pioneering contributions to scalable access to real-world data." Read more.
TC Featured Paper Videos in English, Chinese, and Spanish
The IEEE Transactions on Computers (TC) now offers video overviews in English, Chinese, and Spanish of each month's free featured paper. To view the current featured paper, visit the journal's homepage, or view past videos by visiting the journal's English multimedia page, Chinese multimedia page, or Spanish multimedia page.
Write for Us
Submissions are being accepted for a variety of special issues. View the full list of open Calls for Papers
Find out about upcoming IEEE Computer Society sponsored conferences.